Welcome to Canberra Girl Geek Dinners!
Girl Geek Dinners have been around for a few years now. They were originally started in London by Sarah Blow, and have been gradually spreading all around the world. Last year the Sydney dinners arrived, followed closely by the Brisbane group.

And so it has fallen to me to get Girl Geek Dinners up and running in Canberra. Right now, all I'm looking for is some kind of idea of how many people might be interested in something of this nature. Feel free to post in the comments and let me know what you think, what you like, who you want hear speak, and anything else that comes to mind.

I would also be interested in hearing from anyone who can help in some way (however small) with the organisation of the event, or who might know how to go about arranging some kind of sponsorship (of any variety).

In the meantime, hang on for the ride!
10 Responses
  1. Sorry, not a girl, but interested in the idea.

    Mixed gender geek dinners are a fine idea.


  2. Anonymous Says:

    Hi Mike,

    You haven't read the small print Guys are invited to girl geek dinner so long as they attend with a Girl Geek :) Each Girl Geek has only one invite.

    Sarah
    Founder
    Girl Geek Dinners


  3. Unknown Says:

    Sarah beat me to it! Guys most certainly are invited, you just need a girl geek friend to bring you along. I'll be posting more about the finer details shortly, so please keep checking back.

    Lana


  4. Cath Says:

    Interesting... Thanks Loquacity. Put me on the list.


  5. Anonymous Says:

    Definitely interested - I've always been hoping that we'll get geek girls up and running in Canberra...and it's happening.

    I'm in!


  6. Anonymous Says:

    I'd love to attend, if someone will invite me :-)


  7. Unknown Says:

    Cath - thanks for stopping by! You're definitely in.

    Ruth - It is most certainly happening - stay posted.

    Paul - I'm sure there's a friendly girl geek out there who would love to invite you. Thanks for the support.

    Lana


  8. Claine Says:

    Wow, this sounds great :) I'd love to come along!


  9. Unknown Says:

    Claine - we'd love to have you!

    L


  10. Anonymous Says:

    hey there - came via Facebook (via Fiona) and it sounds interesting! Put me on the list.


Post a Comment

  • Mailing List

    Google Groups
    Subscribe to GirlGeekDinners Canberra
    Email:
    Visit this group

    Your Hosts

    Followers