Change of Plans
Sometimes, it seems, the GGD planning takes on a life of its own.

As you know, the dinner isn't sponsored this time around, so first of all I want to say a huge thank you to everyone who has already paid for tickets.

Today, I received an interesting phone call from Cathie who is the marketing and PR person for Reading Room, and also a Sydney GGD organiser.

Reading Room are holding their opening celebrations on the same night as our planned GGD Dinner #4, so they have invited us to hold our dinner at Reading Room instead.

This has a number of advantages. First of all, Reading Room will be covering costs, so if you have paid for a ticket, I will be refunding this to you in the next few days. It also means we get to hear Kate Lundy and Pia Waugh speak again, and also have the chance to check out some fantastic digital art in the flashy new Reading Room premises.

The venue is in Braddon, and the time will change slightly to a 5:30pm start. Instead of a sit-down meal, it will be a cocktail-style canape menu.

As for our keynote speaker Kim Lambert, she has agreed to be our keynote at GGD #5 (late April/early May) instead. At this stage, I can't confirm whether or not we'll have the ability to do some lightning talks. Rest assured though that if we don't, and I've already told you that you're in, you will get a chance at the next GGD.

I will be updating the EventBrite event as soon as I have finalised all the details. In the meantime, please register your interest in the comments. We will be limited to 20-30 attendees, so get your name down now to make sure you don't miss out. If you've already bought tickets, you're guaranteed to get in, no need to put your name down again.

If all I've done is confuse the hell out of you (and don't worry, I'm confussled too at this stage!) then please just email me on ggdcanberra(at)gmail(dot)com and we'll get it straightened out.

Thanks, and apologies for upsetting the apple cart ... again!
8 Responses
  1. Unknown Says:

    This is a test comment. Please ignore.


  2. Marianne Colwell Says:

    Hi Lana. Please count me in.
    Cheers,
    Marianne Colwell.


  3. Cindy Says:

    Hi Lana,

    Thank you for organising it.
    I'd really love to attend :)
    Thanks!
    Cindy Wang


  4. Aeriana Says:

    Hey,

    I'd love to attend my first GGD!


  5. Anonymous Says:

    Hi Lana,

    I'd love to attend. Please count me in.

    I assume we do not need to RSVP via the Reading Room website as well?

    Thanks,

    Linda


  6. Anonymous Says:

    I would also like to attend.

    Cheers,
    @lozz


  7. Joanna Says:

    Hi Lana,

    I'd love to come as well. Now Linda and I (and Cindy!) can prove we really know each other :)

    --Joanna


  8. Anonymous Says:

    I like Braddon a lot more than outer Belconnen! If there's room, I'd love to come.

    Anthea


Post a Comment

  • Mailing List

    Google Groups
    Subscribe to GirlGeekDinners Canberra
    Email:
    Visit this group

    Your Hosts

    Followers